How much turmeric per day for weight loss? Can you guess?
Can a pinch of turmeric help you to reduce your weight?
Sounds strange, isn’t it? But that’s true.
You might know the health benefits of turmeric or even the benefits of turmeric for weight loss.
But have you ever tried to know how much turmeric per day for weight loss is essential?
Well, that’s exactly I’m gonna tell you in the next few minutes with some bonus turmeric weight loss recipes.
Keep reading and you’ll find out.
Feel free to jump
- 1 What Is Turmeric
- 2 Turmeric and weight loss connection
- 3 Including Turmeric In Your Diet
- 4 Weight Management
- 5 Comprehensive Strategy For Weight Loss
- 6 Turmeric Recipes For weight loss
- 7 How Much Turmeric Per Day For Weight Loss?
- 8 How Much Weight Can You Lose Taking Turmeric?
- 9 Now it’s your turn
What Is Turmeric
Turmeric is an essential spice in every Indian household. Because it plays an important role throughout ancient time. Also, it has importance in Ayurvedic medicines. But still, it is a little-known source to lose your weight naturally. I’m gonna explain to you how to use turmeric for weight loss. But before that let’s find the connection between turmeric and weight loss.
Turmeric and weight loss connection
Can turmeric help with weight loss? Can this really be true?
Check this out:
If you are trying to lose the weight that doesn’t mean you should be doing exercise only. Proper diet also plays a vital role. And turmeric is not an exception for that.
We use turmeric powder in almost every cuisine, every diet. Because we know a pinch of turmeric can make wonders.
Turmeric, shiny yellow-orange masala, which adds colour to curry, also provides several health benefits. The primary antioxidant, curcumin in the spice is an anti-inflammatory method used in medicines for centuries.
Turmeric also promises to help you deal with obesity and its related metabolic disorders. While increasing your intake of turmeric is not the only strategy for weight loss, it can help you to reduce the swelling associated with obesity and promote fat burning.
Including Turmeric In Your Diet
Turmeric is an easily available spice, and adding it to your diet does not cause any side effects unless you have allergies.
Add it to marinades, tomatoes based sauce, home-made salad dressing or grilled meats for the extra flavour and potential weight loss benefits. For antioxidant punch, mix it with yellow foods in advances, such as fried eggs, stir-fried summer squash or macaroni and paneer.
Turmeric is taken in the form of supplement, in particular, can interact with some medicines, so always consult your doctor while considering adding it to your diet.
If the turmeric is on blood pressure, the risk of bleeding can increase, the action of medicines reducing stomach acid is interrupted and some diabetic drugs increase the risk of low blood glucose.
Also, if you have gallstones or obstruction in the paths of bile, turmeric is also contraindicated.
If you take a long dose for a long time, you may experience problems in the stomach and ulcers. Your health care provider may recommend proper dosage.
Turmeric powder can be very useful in maintaining ideal body weight. An ingredient in turmeric helps in increasing the flow of bile, an important component in the breakdown of dietary fat.
Those who want to lose weight or want to treat obesity and other related diseases, they can take benefits from having one spoon of turmeric powder with every meal. So, it is recommended to take turmeric shots for weight loss for those who are suffering from excess weight.
Comprehensive Strategy For Weight Loss
Although turmeric can help with inflammation and fat cell expansion, it is not a miracle to lose weight. You still need less food and calories should be transferred more to lose extra pounds.
Talk to your doctor or use an online calculator to determine your daily caloric needs, which vary by size, gender, age and activity level. Then, at that rate, losses of between 500 and 1,000 calories per week between 1 and 2 pounds.
Use a combination of dietary restrictions and exercise. For example, if you usually consume 2,000 calories per day, burn 250 calories a day and 250 pounds of calories per day to lose 1 pound per day through exercise.
Turmeric Recipes For weight loss
As I told you how to take turmeric for weight loss. Now let’s look at some turmeric weight loss recipes. Lots of turmeric drink for weight loss are available such as turmeric tea, turmeric milk etc. Let’s go one-by-one
#1. Turmeric And Ginger Tea For Weight loss [ liquid gold tea ]
Let’s see how to make turmeric tea for weight loss and the useful Ingredients.
Ingredients to make liquid gold tea
- Turmeric – 2 Tbsp (as much u can handle)
- cinnamon – 1 Tbsp
- clove – a pinch
- Nutmeg – a pinch
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh ground black pepper – 1/2 Tbsp
- water – 2 cups
- Milk -optional(coconut milk, almond)
- Palm Jaggery or honey for sweetness
How to make turmeric tea for weight loss?
- Pour required quantity of water in a pot
- Add all the above ingredients in water except milk and honey and make it boil for 10 mins.
- Finally, jaggery or honey for sweetness and serve hot.
- You can also use only turmeric and ginger to prepare tea. It also provides benefits to lose weight.
Turmeric Tea Benefits For Health
- It is a powerful soothing remedy and has many healing properties in it
- It helps to control weight loss
- Curcumin is the heart’s heart and can reduce the risk of heart attack by 17%
- It supports digestion, immune function and liver function
- Curcumin is the heart’s heart and can reduce the risk of heart attack by 17%
- It has anti-inflammatory and anticancer properties
- The active ingredient in turmeric curcumin has anti-inflammatory and immune-enhancing properties
- It has anti-tumour properties, which limit tumour growth and limit the spread of cancer cells
- It is used in the treatment of many digestive conditions in traditional digestion
- Drinking this tea gives constant skin glow
- This helps to protect liver cells from damage and increase bile secretion
- It has anti-diabetes properties
- It can help in the treatment of asthma, pulmonary and cystic fibrosis, lung cancer or injury, and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Its anti-inflammatory powers are thought to reduce cellular damage, swelling
These are some benefits of turmeric tea for weight loss.
But in some cases, you need to avoid this turmeric tea, if
- You are on medication for diabetes
- A pregnant or breastfeeding woman
- You suffer from bleeding disorders
- Suffering a from stomach acid
- You have problems with your gallbladder
Consumption of turmeric ginger tea
Have this tea twice a day
- Early morning on an empty stomach
- Before bedtime
Also, drink enough quantity of water every day and keep your body hydrated. There are some ways to stay hydrated without drinking water that you should know.
Best Turmeric Ginger Teas
#2. Turmeric milk for weight loss
- 1 glass milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
The drink seeds up metabolism and reduces your appetite
Every day in the morning and evening
Apart from this drinks turmeric is also used in several types of cakes.
#3. Semolina Turmeric cake
“A Lebanese dessert which is not very sweet, it pleases the American soil due to lack of rose water and orange blossom essence, which is found in most of the Middle Eastern dessert.” Sahteyn! (Bon appetit!)”.
- 1 ½ cup semolina flour
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp turmeric turmeric
- A cup of milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/8 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) Make a 9-inch round baking pan Greece.
In a small bowl, add semolina flour, turmeric and baking powder.
In a large bowl, milk and sugar stir until sugar dissolves. Mix the dough with an electric beater for 5 minutes at medium speed and add oil and green. This step is necessary, do not use a shortcut.
Pour into prepared 9 inch round pan. Top sprinkle with pine nuts Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 ° C) for 25 to 35 minutes, or drying until the wood picking in the centre.
How Much Turmeric Per Day For Weight Loss?
Now you know the benefits and how to use turmeric for weight loss. But, do you know how much turmeric per day for weight loss you should take? How much quantity is safe per day?
Here’s the deal
Researchers said that 1-3 gm or a 1-½ spoon of turmeric is safe to eat a day. Also, it varies from person to person. But, make sure not to take excess amount of turmeric otherwise you may feel heartburn.
How Much Weight Can You Lose Taking Turmeric?
As I told you the turmeric tea benefits for weight loss, but still you have doubt does turmeric help with weight loss?
Well, if you are taking turmeric tea in a proper way you can lose up to 5 kg weight in 1 week. Also, you can lose 3-4 inches of fat. But you should know how to use turmeric in a proper way. Now you’re ready to lose your weight with these natural ingredients.
Now it’s your turn
You are all set to look fit by losing your weight because you know the turmeric root benefits for weight loss. Turmeric provides lots of benefits rather than side effects.
I hope you’re using this Asia’s wonder spice in your daily meal. Also, add turmeric ginger tea for weight loss to your daily diet to get extra benefits. And you’ll never come across this question how much turmeric per day for weight loss?
In case if I forgot something, leave a comment right below I’d love to know your thoughts.